- Nursing Graduate Programs
- Graduate Nursing Admissions
- MSN/MBA Program
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Health Systems Management
- Nurse Midwifery Programs
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master of Science in Nursing Programs
- Post-Graduate Certificates
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Graduate Nursing Admissions
We’re excited you’re interested in one of our graduate nursing programs! Shenandoah Reviews applications on a rolling basis, which means we will begin evaluating your application once all your documentation has been submitted. Students submitting completed applications before our priority deadlines will be considered first. All applications received after these dates will be considered based on space available.
For all graduate nursing programs, the priority application deadline for fall entry is May 1. For spring entry, the priority application deadline is November 1. For summer entry, the priority application deadline is March 1.
Before you apply, please review the requirements for your specific program. In addition to program-specific admissions requirements, please review the following information. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at 540-665-4581.
Applicants who have been dismissed from any graduate program of nursing are not eligible for admission or readmission to the SU Division of Nursing.
All students admitted to nursing programs are required to complete the following prior to the start of classes:
- Submit evidence of specific immunizations as required by the Wilkins Wellness Center.
- Submit proof of TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis).
- Submit proof of PPD (Tuberculosis) which is to be renewed annually.
- Submit Proof of Health Insurance.
- Submit evidence of generally good physically and mental health.
- Complete a criminal background check through OneSource.
- Students should expect to submit to random drug testing required by clinical practice sites.
- Submit evidence of current Health Care Provider CPR certification from the American Heart Association.
More information about health documentation requirements and required forms can be found on the Wilkins Wellness Center page.
Ready to apply? Please visit our Admissions page to apply online, or call Admissions at 540-665-4581 if you have further questions. We look forward to seeing you on campus!